Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pitch Festival all about Love

It's already time to enter another Pitch Festival, in honor of Valentine's Day. Nephele Tempest, (what a great name!) an agent with the Knight Agency is taking pitches all this week for adult fiction, as long as it contains some romantic element.

Here are the basic rules: (Official rules here: http://nephele.livejournal.com/ )

"A ONE paragraph pitch for your book. I also want ONE paragraph about you--including real name and an email address where I can contact you, and any background info you feel is important. (Notice, she does not include a word count, just asks that we use our judgment and be kind.)

I was all over that, worked hard on my pitch paragraph, and posted it to AgentQuery for feedback from my fellow writers. The problem I have nothing to say in my second paragraph…

Relevant information? What's relevant? I have voices in my head that insist I tell their stories. The only people that may find that relevant wear white coats and dispense medication!

I have a great resume if you're looking for an instructional designer. I'm owned by five kids, 2 dogs, and a cat. I used to have hobbies before I started to write. Now my life is lived on my computer, in the pages of a rich and satisfying fantasy world with manly men and clever women, hidden paranormal powers, steamy looks, and passionate sex.

I'll let you know when I figure it out, and tell you what, if anything Nephele thinks of my pitch.

~Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment